~ A day with myself ~

It was last Saturday, apparently we still have the car that we rent for the school experience till Monday. haha. So I decided to take a the drive to the Wairarapa region all by myself. Taking a bit time off from Welli maybe. Anyway, the trip starts with the crazy winding road that goes along the Rimutaka Hill. It was like driving in South Island.

The beginning of the winding road
After about 20 minutes on the road, I arrived to a small town called Featherston. Nothing much in this town coz the clock shows it's only 8am! Plus the only landmark that I could see was this sort of memorial figure right in the middle of the town.
A really lonely town
Then, I continued down the road and arrived at Carterton. There was supposed to be a Stonehenge here (Similar to the one in England) but it opens at 10am....... So I just took some pics in the town area and goes right back on the road. See my facebook for more pics
Then I'm off to Masterton! Masterton was quite a big 'pekan'. Plus, there's the Queen Elizabeth park that was quite big with miniature railways, lakes, bird watching, flower gardens, and etc. Stopped there for some more pics and refuelling the car. See my facebook for more pics
The next town that I reached was Tinui. There was only this building, supposed to be an old prison but now renovated to a craft shop and toilets. You actually have to ask for a very huge old bronze key from the shopkeeper to go into the toilet. Interesting. Town ni pnuh dengan kambing biri-biri. Teramat banyak. Sesuai untuk sape nak amik gambar.
Tinui
The next few minutes drive to Castlepoint was beautiful. Along the road, you'll see huge green hills with small rocks and boulders on them (juz like those in LOTR). However, it was not as beautiful as Castlepoint. Upon entering Castlepoint, I saw few signs saying that Tsunami is very likely to happen in that area and apparently on that day, the wind was extremely rough. Much stronger than the wind u get in Welli. I think it was like 40+ km/h.
I saw some guys cleaning their boats by the beach and asked them whether it would be safe to go up to the lighthouse in this condition. And he said. "I wouldn't want to be there on this day mate, but you can try" with a broad smile. I told him that I would give a try and he wished me good luck. lol. (But seriously, people actually died here)
This is the only path up to the lighthouse
I only managed to walk half the way. The wind was too rough that I couldn't even breathe plus I had to 'peluk' the handrail for every steps further. Apparently there' an open sea on the left and right of the path. The wind could easily threw me off the path and 'byebye world' =).
I gave up and went back down taking some pics of people fishing, seagulls, n seals.
It was still early, so I went up to Woodville, stopped at the gas station, had some talked with the guy there, asking him for directions with best view. And I decided to go through the Gorge heading to Palmy. hehe. At first, ingat nak bukak puasa je kat Palmy, but then, I don't really like the feel of the city since it was so busy so I decided to head down to the beach and take some pics of the sunset.
Pastu, truskan my drive back home. Balik umah je masak makan. Senang. hahaha
p/s: See my facebook for more pics

Comments (5)

hamboi shaqz..
bukan main erk kamu jenjalan feeling2 orang kiwi..;p

hahaha. sekali sekala. ambik angin
=)

saya M.A.H.U pergi tmpat ni..shaq..lpas raye ko rajin x g tmpat ni lg skali..?

kna sewa 2 bijik van pegi ramai2 camni.
hmm...
kna tunggu elaun. kah3

[url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/ganardinero.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]La mejor web sobre ganar dinero[/b]
Hemos hallado la mejor pagina web en internet de como ganar dinero desde casa. Como nos ha sido de interes para nosotros, tambien les puede ser de utilidad a ustedes. No son solo metodos de ganar dinero con su pagina web, hay todo tipo de metodos de ganar dinero en internet...
[b][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url]Te recomendamos entrar a [url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/]Ganar-dinero-ya.com[/url][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url][/b]